ADVERT FOR REFRESHER TRAINING IN PLUMBING AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT TO CONSTITUE MSE GROUPS FOR WATER METER INSTALLATION
The Government of Sierra Leone has received funding from the African Development Bank (AFDB), Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), and the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED) for the implementation of the Freetown WASH and Aquatic Environment Revamping Project (WASHAERP). One of the activities under this project which is intended to create job opportunities for the youth involves the selection of youth who already possess trade certificates in plumbing (males and females) and business management (females only), for specific refresher training, and assisting them to constitute micro/small enterprises (MSEs) capable of undertaking meter installation activities. There will be 20 groups of MSEs (3 persons per group), each group will consist of one (1) individual with business management background and two (2) with plumbing background.
In this regard, Guma Valley Water Company is partnering with the National Youth Commission and the Government Technical Institute (GTI) at Kissy Dock Yard to recruit and train plumbers and business management persons to offer their services in the following four GVWC operational areas in western Sierra Leone:
- West – spanning from Mile 13 to Congo Cross
- Central – spanning from Congo Cross to Eastern Police Station
- East – spanning from Eastern Police Station to Allen Town and
- Rural Areas – From Allen Town to Waterloo
Youth in the above GVWC operational areas are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Interested candidates should be youth (male and female) between the ages of 15-35 although former employees of GVWC may also apply
- Be notified that the one (1) individual with Business management background within the each group MUST be a Female.
- Male and female candidates can apply for the plumbing role within each group.
- All applicants should be well behaved with unquestionable character and should not have been convicted of any offence
- All Applicants for the business-related position should have at least certificate in business related discipline.
- All applicants for the plumbing role should at least be plumbers with a basic certificate in plumbing
- Applicants should show willingness to belong to a group and be supervised.
- Applicants should be available for the entire training process
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Interested youth can send their application letters to the following address not later than Wednesday 20th October 2021.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
National Youth Commission
National Stadium Swimming Pool